A Comment on sporting events and thier resulting after parties

I think if we could get the same turn out in protest of injustice as we do these ball games, we MIGHT be living in a better world. But when I consider the fact that people's rights are publicly trampled on daily, and every one's like "well what can you do"... but let there favorite team loose some ball game and THEN everyone is ready to fight... each OTHER... over something as retarded as what jersey they happen to be wearing or team THEY root for, as so often happens at these things.... I mean for goodness sake. Thats the world we live in sadly... speak out about illegal checkpoints, our own government detaining, torturing, and for all we know executing Law abiding citizens under suspicion of terrorist activities without probable cause, or to organize people to protest some other atrocity being committed... and its nearly impossible. but let EITHER team loose a supposedly peaceful ballgame, and before long there's a riot in the streets... and then we wonder why our freedoms are disappearing. I just hope this one doesn't turn violent like that like so many have before it... because that's the kind of behavior that makes me embarrassed to count myself among the human race. I have nothing against the games themselves, even though I am not a fan myself... or the after parties for that matter... the peaceful, non disruptive ones anyway... but for crying out load go HOME and have your parties, or some other public venue if you choose... but DON'T crowd into the streets, disrupt traffic and the peace for all the citizens in the houses AROUND these people who could honestly care less about the game. That's just basic respect. I know I'm coming off as a stick in the mud, and people HATE it when you criticize their sports or how they celebrate them... but I can't help the fact that that is my opinion... and I'm sticking to it. I won't point it out EVERY time I see a post like this... but I feel its important to do so at least from time to time. I hate to go negative... but respect for peoples rights isn't only in favor of the fans... the people that have to here all this shit and have to walk twelve blocks just to get from their car to their house have as much rights to live in peace as the fans have to celebrate. Also I'm not a fan of where these peoples priorities are at either... but that's more a personal opinion.

Jason A. Dennison (J.D.)

Jason A. Dennison (J.D.)
Blog Author: Jason A. Dennison (J.D.) ... ... Relaxing @ "Hawks Bluff".

"Deep Thought"

"Deep Thought"

"Seeking Inspiration":

"Seeking Inspiration":
"Seeking Inspiration" : Blog Author, Jason A. Dennison (J.D.)