"Christmas In the Holler"

Yet ANOTHER AWESOME Christmas Feast in the Holler! I'm so Happy! I Got EVERY THING I WANTED!!! Great FOOD... Great FRIENDS... and AWESOME FAMILY of ALL ages! It was Great Just to sit Back and Listen to all the Laughter and Bask in the warm glow of the generations as they caught up on old times all over the House. And to share in that in a place full of so many childhood memories.

 I walked up on the hill by the old red house that had been there forever, and Looked on grandpa's old sawmill broken down from the ages... but I could still see it just the way it was, Back when he was running it... he was always smiling when ever he was up there working on that thing. I payed respects to Uncle Paul by his tree on the way back down, Passed the dirt hills by the garden, so much smaller now from the erosion of time. I walked across the creek I Played in and caught crawdads in as a child. I walked past the spot where the Old barn used to be... now collapse I see, and I could still see it standing there, and reflected back to all the times we hid behind it and played as a child. I could still see that old school bus behind it, that once had been a camper... and then a chicken coop, and the spot where the old pig stye's used to be.

The bus and the styes are long gone, just a grassy area full of old large diameter tree logs now. I walked the trail that used to lead around Aunt Siss's Hill that leads to Granny's old house. The Trail too is gone, all grown up now... But my feet still remember where to step. I stood in front of her house for a long time... picturing how it looked all the times we played there on Christmas as a kids, before it had been abandoned after Granny died.

I was standing in the same spot in front of her house I stood when I was 8 years old, The first Time I ever saw a spirit that didn't have a Body wrapped around it. That one was my great Aunt Annie I'm Told. I stood there so Long remembering until I could SEE Granny Looking Back at me through the Living room window, beckoning me as if to come on in and warm myself by her fire... warm and inviting as she always was in life. For a moment I even thought I saw Annie's disembodied spirit standing there with her... and to be honest by this point I was having trouble telling if I was Imagining REALLY good... or if i was maybe REALLY seeing things again, so I figured it was about time to make my way back to the house... back to the warm embrace of the still living Family.

 Another great Plate when I got back. Another round of Family... with new Long awaited arrivals finally showing up... the pleasure of a few new faces... and before i knew it it was time to go. Its a Shame Christmas can't be everyday. To all My family that was there.... To those who couldn't make it but wanted too... to those who were too far off to even consider it... and to all those who could only Bless us with their spiritual presence this Christmas... I Love you ALL so very MUCH! May All of your Holidays be bright and cheerful and full of Love... and may the year 2013 be the Greatest year of your Lives... In short... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Every Body!

Jason A. Dennison (J.D.)

Jason A. Dennison (J.D.)
Blog Author: Jason A. Dennison (J.D.) ... ... Relaxing @ "Hawks Bluff".

"Deep Thought"

"Deep Thought"

"Seeking Inspiration":

"Seeking Inspiration":
"Seeking Inspiration" : Blog Author, Jason A. Dennison (J.D.)